Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Other Kind of Relatives

Me, Chris, Gina, Kate, Meg


SaMeGina

Me and Risa at Grad

BEST FWEND K8

I love you Kate!

Besties at the Beach

Sam n G


SaMeg


Risa, Ray, Me

My beautiful Ris!
I'd have to say the best thing in life , for me, is my OTHER family; my friends. Megan Bennett has been my best friend since we were 3 -when I moved to Cardston from Calgary. She lived across the street from each other. Gina Primavera , who actually has had several different last names,has been my friend since we met in Senior Choir when she was in Grade 5 and Me Grade 4. Her and Meg had met in Grade 3, so it was easy for us to combine our friendships and become the indestructible 3!!!!!!!! We were the Shadow Cats, the Back Seat Midgets, just the greatest of friends. All of our parents went through a divorce. We've each had 2 Thanksgivings and 2 Christmas's. Since I moved from Calgary, the education system told me I had to repeat Kindergarten. So Meg and Gina were in a Grade above me. The friends I acquired in my own grade though I wouldn't trade for the stars! From Grade 1 -4 I didn't have constant friends.. just odds n ends. But in Grade 5 that changed, I met Kate Sugden (K8) we instantly became the greatest of friends and is who I truly treasure! We are such trouble together! Always laughing!!!! I Love her so much!
I also met Marisa Bevans! I entered into my fifth grade class and instantly heard my name from a crazy girl I never had met ;) "Sam sam your seat is here!" lol! I Love that girl! The next few years we shared many adventures from dying hair, to chasing cows, and racing on quads! She is a sweet spirit and a true friend. She'll tell you how it is and never hides the face of truth. i love her immensely! Later years me and Risa (Marisa) associated ourselves with a couple of real characters, Alix Isfeld and Rachael Anderson.And in Grade 8 were we blessed with the unique presence of Avril Lavigne, lol kidding! Chris Bunn! But she had just moved from Ontario and looked just like Avril :)We loved her all the same though! She is a real trooper! Also honest and trustworthy, and definitely a pal to laze around with. And that was our group. Our 'Herd'. We were stuck together like glue until High School... then something was forced between us.. It's a sad story indeed but.. one we can't rewrite. I still hear from Risa, Chris and very rarely Alix. Ray is kinda down a path I can't seem to follow.. doing her own thing. My life has had many twists and turns and i am sure , over time, i will share as many stories from memory that I can. But for now.. this will do :)

1 comment:

  1. true friend stick together forever and ever right it jaron if you wanted to know hehe

    ReplyDelete