Thursday, September 6, 2012

Goals and Buckets.. Aint No Sport!

Currently, I have been rewriting my BUCKET LIST.
I decided that I should have at least 100 things that I would WANT to accomplish before my life ends. And you'd be amazed at how fast you can think up 100 things... cause... 100 is a big number..
(It may not be huge, but, ya know, it is large enough to keep me from buying many lovely items !!)
Heck! I can barely think of 10 candybars! >>>

"One day I shall conquer that game... then we'll see who is laughing: Me? or the fella with the finger pokin' me in the forehead!..."

So, as to not fill up my Top 100 Life Adventures too quickly, I decided not to put things on the list that are GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAYS.

Example: MARRIAGE, KIDS, DRIVING, FINDING ATLANTIS...
okay.. maybe not Atlantis...

And thats when I realized... the T.T.H.A.'s (Things That Happen Anyways) depend on TIMING!

T.T.H.A = TIME

Where as Bucket List Items depend on drive and ambition! They are things that could possibly
NEVER happen unless you make the effort FOR them to happen.
***************************************************************
Now, I know what you're thinking, "Where do  the T.T.H.A.'s or BUCKET LIST items fit into the GOALS category?"

And that's just where I have to say... GOALS are the mixing pot of the two. Goal Lists are kind of.. mental timelines: WHEN you THINK you will be able to cross off something from either of the lists.
***************************************************************
So, that is my inspirational thought of the day.

We shouldn't be wasting so much time worrying about things that, really do, JUST HAPPEN !!

We should concentrate more on the things that require us to put ourselves out there, and actaully EXPERIENCE life, rather than waiting and worrying about the things that Just .... MEH! You get the picture ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment