Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nothing Beats A Canadian Christmas!!

Usually my christmas with my family is PACKED FULL with tradition! but i feel like.. none of those traditions I had growing up were successfully executed this season....
I brought Jordan with me to experience an Easthope Christmas! But i feel like things were unorganized and monotonous....  Due to the nature of my eldest sister's marriage my niece and nephew were only able to spend time with me for a couple hours Friday night when Jordan and I arrived. And usually they would have spent the night and I would have seen then for the 3 days I was there.
Next my family plays an INSANE amount of games together.. and we played one... Sunday night... that's it.. one game... and it was kind of a game like Apple to Apples.. yeah, i hate that game....
And then my stepmom's nephew spent christmas with us... I mean... whaa? really? It was just weirdo-towne the whole time!
The Christmas breakfast was.. well it wasn't a complete mess that was prepared by everyone with everyone trying to squish at the table.. it was.. well.. buffet style and most of it was prepared the night before.... ick.... i have always loved the chaos of my house on christmas day... but .. there was none..... NONE!!!!! wthfrank!
And my gifts seemed.. not to be greedy but they seemed less important and less thoughtful... i usually would get stuff I'd tear open and play with immediately.. but i didn't get anything that i could be like"oh yeah! *rip* entertainment till christmas dinner!"
instead i had to watch everyone pla with their new ipods.... lol
and while that took place dinner was prepared in a conductive manner.. and everything was just so chill... and lame... and diner for some reason took like 3 hours to get ready! i mean really? Its probably because my dad wasn't in there the whoel time. HE"S A MAGICIAN IN THE KITCHEN! But ever since he got re-married... he isn't in the kitchen a whole lot.. and truth be told, i miss my dad's cooking.... :(
So it was FANTASTIC being home with my family...
but... we didn't do a whole lot together. I can almost honestly say that christmas at my mom's was better than at my dad's.. and that never happens.. but... there was more of that Special CHRISTMAS CHAOS that i love!!
The only real TRADITION that went ok was the dogpiling in the bed... where before we open stockings we all go cuddle up in one bed! Well there was 10 of us instead of the normal 5 so it was a challenge and i missed out on the first 15 minutes of it and it only last for 20 minutes (it usually lasts much longer..but we were on a schedule i suppose) and i missed it cause my boyfriend wouldn't get up and join.. so i sat next to him in his bed trying to get him to get up and come... i should have told him how important it was to me maybe he would have moved faster... no probably not... so i should have just left him in that bed of his.. but then i would have felt bad for not having him be part of that ONE tradiition.... mehh.... Next christmas.. no boyfriends... seriously though.... its much easier... especially when your boyfriend is kind of needy.....
So again i repeat the phrase I have been for last few/couple years that my dad has been re-married for,
"Mixed Families Shouldn't Do Holidays....."
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment